Showing all 2 results
What type of medication is Valium?
Valium is a trendy prescription medication in the United States. It is a brand name version for generic Diazepam that belongs to the benzodiazepine class of drugs. In the United States, Valium is a schedule IV controlled drug substance under the control substance act. It is a prescription medicine that means you can Buy Valium Online with a written prescription. However, our web pharmacy is providing Valium, along with a free prescription label.
Chemical properties of Valium
Diazepam (Valium) is a benzodiazepine derivative. It is a light yellow to crystalline compound, insoluble in water. This medication is available for oral administration as tablets containing 2 mg, 5 mg, and 10 mg active Diazepam.
In addition to the Diazepam, each tablet contains some inactive ingredients, including; corn starch, anhydrous lactose, calcium stearate and pregelatinized, etc.
This medication was patented in 1959 by a is swiss multinational healthcare company. Diazepam has been one of the most frequently used medicines in the world since its launch in 1963. In 2016, Valium was the 112th most prescribed drugs in the United States with approx. 6 million prescriptions.
What are the typical uses of Valium?
Since it is a controlled substance, the Food and Drug Administration has approved it for limited medical porpuses. It is mainly used to treat anxiety disorder, insomnia, panic disorder, and symptoms of acute alcohol withdrawal. Valium is also used as a premedication for including anxiolysis, sedation, and amnesia before specific medical procedures. In 2020, it was approved for use as a nasal spray to interrupt seizure activity in individuals with epilepsy.
Valium has several uses, including:
- Treatment of neurovegetative symptoms of vertigo.
- Treatment of panic attacks, anxiety, and states of agitation.
- Management of the symptoms of opiate, alcohol, and benzodiazepine withdrawal.
- Short-term management of insomnia.
- Treatment of muscle spasms, etc.
When needed, an individual can Order Valium Online for other medical purposes that are not given in this drug guide.
You should not use this prescription medicine if you are allergic to Diazepam or any similar medicines, including Xanax and Klonopin. Individuals with severe liver disease, myasthenia gravis, severe breathing problems, narrow-angle glaucoma, and sleep apnea should avoid using Diazepam.
Misuse of this high-potential medicine can cause addiction overdose and even death. It can occur
How can I take Valium?
You should take Valium precisely as directed by your healthcare provider. You should read your drug label very carefully and follow all the necessary instructions. Never use this medicine in smaller or larger amounts or for longer than recommended.
When taking Diazepam through liquid form, you should measure it very carefully by a particular measuring device. Do not use a kitchen spoon. If you don’t have a proper measuring device, ask your pharmacist for it.
This medication should be used for only a short period of time. Do not take Valium for longer than four months without your doctor’s advice. Never stop using Valium; suddenly, it can cause unpleasant withdrawal symptoms or seizures. Ask your healthcare provider how to stop using the drug safely.
What are the typical dosages of Valium?
You are advised to take Valium by the lowest effective dosage for a short period, as instructed by your doctor.
Here, we have created a list of dosage for different types of problems,
- Symptomatic relief in Acute alcohol withdrawal – 10 mg, 3 to 4 times for the first 24 hours, reducing to 5 mg 3 to 4 times a day
- Management of anxiety disorder and relief of symptoms of anxiety: 2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times a day (depending upon the condition)
- Adjunctively in Convulsive Disorders – 2 mg to 10 mg, 2 to 4 times daily
- Adjunctively for Relief of Skeletal Muscle Spasm – 2 mg to 10 mg, 3 to 4 times a day
- Geriatric Patients, or in debilitating disease – 2 mg to 2.5 mg, 1 to 2 times a day
It will help if you increase your daily dosage gradually under the professional’s guidelines. Do not increase or stop taking the drug suddenly; it may react to your body.
How is Valium supplied?
For oral administration, this medicine is available as round, flat-faced scored pills with V-shaped perforation and beveled edges.
Valium 2 mg: available in white color, embossed with 2 Valium on front and ROCHE on the scored side.
National Drug Code for bottles of 100: 0140 – 0004 – 01
Valium 5 mg: available in yellow color, embossed with 510Valium on front and ROCHE on the scored side.
National Drug Code for bottles of 100: 0140 – 0005 – 01
Valium 10 mg: available in blue color, embossed with 2 Valium on front and ROCHE on the scored side.
National Drug Code for bottles of 100: 0140 – 0006 – 01
Are there any side effects of Valium?
In some unsuitable conditions, Valium can lead to some mild to severe side effects depending on drug use. Most adverse effects occur due to misuse or abuse of Diazepam, but sometimes they can occur without any known reason. Adverse effects are often observed at the beginning of treatment and usually disappear upon continued use of Valium.
Common side effects can include:
- Changes in rhythms and patterns of speech, clumsiness or unsteadiness, drowsiness, Being forgetful
- Feeling sad or empty, difficulty with coordination, discouragement, irritability
- Loss of interest or pleasure, lack of appetite, lightheadedness
- Shakiness and unsteady walk, sleepiness or unusual drowsiness
- Slurred speech, trouble sleeping, relaxed and calm
- Trouble concentrating, trouble performing routine tasks, tiredness, etc.
Unknown Symptoms can include:
- Blistering, peeling of the skin
- Red skin lesions, often with a purple center, red, irritated eyes
- Swelling of the breast’s soreness, and breast in both males and females
- Ulcers, sores, or white-colored spots on lips or in the mouth
- Unexpected or excess milk flow from the breasts
It would help if you talked to your healthcare provider when you first experience any of these given above symptoms. Users should inform their doctor and take proper medical treatment if these effects stay longer or become worse.